Build a kickass application with MESG
MESG will be spanning the globe with its first ever online hackathon. We’ll be bringing together hundreds of developers from around the world for a month-long hackathon starting January 18th. Developers will compete for the most innovative and creative apps built on MESG’s interoperable, scalable and efficient infrastructure.
Participants will have the opportunity to showcase their product and compete among top teams for $10,000 in prizes, including a 1st place prize worth $5,000.
Our hackathons are different: you don’t have to WIN to get paid. MESG’s new Marketplace of modular application components will give your app the opportunity to generate income long after our month-long hackathon has come to a close.
Come #BUIDL innovative apps
Unlike weekend hackathons, MESG’s first ever online hackathon will span for an entire month, from January, 18th to February, 17th at 23:59 UTC. Anyone in the world can participate, regardless of your expertise.
Developers experienced in any language now have the opportunity to participate in a hackathon while building on the world’s first cloud provider as a protocol: a blockchain-compatible building platform, with decentralized capabilities, complete with an open unregulated marketplace of services.
How to start
- You can begin by reading the get started guide
- Read the documentation
- Ask question on the support category
$10,000 in prizes
The first place winner will receive $5000 in MESG Tokens.
The second place winner will receive $3000 in MESG Tokens.
The third place winner will receive $1000 in MESG Tokens.
A special prize will be awarded to an application which shows exceptional value or innovation, regardless of its final score or finishing place.
Anyone and everyone of the age of majority is welcome to participate!
Create a MESG Application and at least one MESG Service that fits into one of the following themes.
Applications should connect to the services you use by defining the data flow between them.
Application can re-use existing Services. Check out the curated list of Awesome Services.
Applications might contain additional business logic depending on what you're building.
Keep in mind, it's always a good practice to create generic services and put business logic inside the application.
- Cloud Computing
- Connect existing cloud computing providers (e.g.: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Create easy-to-use MESG Services that delegate execution to the cloud provider
- Local Computing
- Execute a specific and resource-intensive task locally with dedicated and efficient software (eg: image processing)
- Decentralized cloud computing
- Execute a task on decentralized cloud computing platform (e.g.: iExec, Golem)
- Fiat currency
- Receive and/or emit a fiat currency payment
- Connect existing fiat payment processor (eg: Stripe, MangoPay, PayPal)
- Receive and/or emit a cryptocurrency payment
- Using Blockchains directly and/or a scalability solution on top of Blockchain (e.g.: Lightning Network, Plasma Cash)
- Connect an existing cloud file storage provider (eg: AWS S3, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Create easy-to-use MESG Services that delegate storage to a cloud provider
- Store files locally within a MESG Service
- Connect a decentralized file storage network (eg: IPFS, Sia)
- Manage the cost of the storage (if applicable)
- iOS / Android notifications
- SMS Notifications
- Webhook notifications
Applications must meet the following requirements to be eligible for the Hackathon:
- Application can re-use existing Services. Check out the curated list of Awesome Services.
- No programming language or tool restrictions, as long as the application and services are compatible with MESG’s gRPC API
- Services must be deployable on a clean computer running only MESG from the Github repository with the single line command "mesg-core service deploy https://github.com/USERNAME/SERVICE_REPO"
- Applications should be easily installable & startable on a clean computer
- Application and Services source code must be uploaded to GitHub in repositories
- Include a link to your application code on GitHub
- Complete and enter all of the required fields on the “Enter a Submission” page of the Hackathon Website (each a “Submission”) during the Hackathon Submission Period, and follow the requirements.
Submission Recommendations (The following are optional, but strongly recommended):
- Application should connect the services you use by defining the data flow between them. Application might contain additional business logic depending on what you’re building. Keep in mind that, it’s always a good practice to create generic services and put business logic inside application.
- Participants should register on the MESG Forum.
- Participants should post a new topic on the MESG Forum in the category “Hackathon” with “hackathon” tag to present their project from this hackathon and introduce themselves and/or their team
How to enter
MESG Co-founder & CEO
MESG Co-founder & CTO
Founder of LNCM
Quality of the Idea using MESG
Including originality of the idea and how creatively the developer integrated multiple MESG Services
Quality of the User Experience
Including the visual design, whether it performs as expected, works well across device types, and more.
Potential Impact of the Idea
Including the extent to which the submission is widely useful, might be customizable, might be extended to other scenarios, and more.
Quality of the Submission Package
Including quality of the description, video demo and any other materials.